The average cost of carpet installation varies between $900 and $2000. That is a good sum of money that you would rather spend on something else if you already have carpets installed at your home. To avoid installation of new carpet, you need to take care of your existing one. For the maintenance you need to vacuum on a regular basis, deep clean once in a while, treat the stains and spots quickly. However, you don’t even have to visit a store to buy carpet stain remover. There are various homemade carpet stain removal methods that are affordable, effective, and easy to make. Moreover, these carpet cleaners can save you some real-time.
In this post, we will tell you the effective carpet stain remover DIY methods that will help you in the maintenance of your carpet. Check out the guides and learn about the best ways of making stain removal at home.
1 – Vinegar
When it comes to the cleaning solutions, vinegar is the powerhouse. There are various formulas that you can use for carpet stain removal. The recipes are as mentioned below.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of white vinegar with 1.5 tablespoons of detergent. Add 2 cups of water into it and blot the solution on the stain. This solution works best for fruit stain removal. It can be used for paint stain removal as well.
- For coffee and tea stain removal mix equal parts of water and vinegar and put it on the stain. This is also an effective carpet cleaner.
- You can mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of vinegar and rub it on the tough ground-in stains with a dry cloth. Leave it there for 2 days and then vacuum it up.
- For light stains, you can use a half cup of vinegar mixed with salt and rub it off.
Make sure you are using white vinegar for all the solutions.
2 – Beer
Beer is a great beverage we all know that but it is also works great for carpet stain removal. If you have spilled tea or coffee on your carpet then the beer can remove it effectively. Just pour beer on the stain and repeat the process until the stain is removed.
3 – Salt
Sprinkling salt can go long way when it comes to carpet stain remover DIY.
Here are some ways you can use salt for stain removal.
- If you have spilled red wine on your carpet, pour some white wine over it for diluting the red wine. Use a sponge to soak up the wine and then sprinkle some salt over it and leave it for 15 minutes. Clear up the mess with a vacuum cleaner.
- For ketchup stains, you just need to sprinkle some salt on the spill and then vacuum it up.
- For removing greasy food stains mix 4 parts of rubbing alcohol with 1 part of salt and then use the solution to rub off the grease.
4 – Ammonia
Ammonia works well in removing stains from carpets and upholstery. For preparing the carpet cleaner mix 1 cup of clear ammonia with 2 litres of water. Using a sponge to put it on stains and rub it off. Repeat if necessary.
These are the effective homemade carpet stain remover. However, if you don’t have time for trying out DIY then give us a call. We will reach to your house and provide you with effective cleaning services in Canberra.